Friday, June 19, 2009

Red, White, & Blue Star Box

This is one of the table centerpieces some ladies and I made for our church family picnic next month. Of course we used nothing but the best supplies from Stampin' Up!
We used the Small Star Punch...
and the Large Star Punch.

We made this cute star box and you can find the tutorial here:

Star Box.

I used Stampin' Ups Paper Cutter and a Bone Folder instead of the Score Pal and it worked just fine.

Card stock we used: Real Red, Night Of Navy, Whisper White, and Jackpot DS Paper.

The box uses a 8 1/2" x 10 1/2" piece of card stock for the base, some scoring, folding, Mono Glue and Sticky Strip and you've got yourself a Star Box! Other non Stampin' Up items used were silver onion grass, red paper shred and wooden sticks.

I am so looking forward to the Family Picnic this year. We are going to have a parade and each family is to decorate a small red wagon as their float! Hey, thanks for stopping by and come back and we'll Stamp a Little Longer!

14 comments:

Elaine said...

You did a great job, what a perfect idea.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful job you did!!!!

Liv Palermo said...

Wow!! Absolutely Adoreable!! I love the box and how u decorated it!! Great Job!!

Carrie said...

This is so cute!! All your projects are so cute, especially the flip flops with matching card. Looks like you've been keeping busy!

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

How cool! Of course, you had to use Stampin' Up! Supplies! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is fantastic! Love it!

Renée said...

This is an awesome star box! It works perfect for the theme and I love the strips of paper and stars sticking out of the top!

RubberRedneck said...

Twila I thought your star box rocked! You did a great job!

Vicki said...

Love these boxes! I am inspired to get our church ladies together as we are having a family day on the 4th, too! Great job and I really enjoy your blogsite! Blessings to you!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE BOX!!! Great job, Twila. How many of them did you make? I haven't looked at the tutorial, but could you make them in different heights? That'd make a great display, too!
Thanks for sharing
Darla

Michelle said...

this is a wodnderful project! TFS!

MaryR said...

this is completely adorable! love it

Cindy Major said...

This is really cute! I like the rolled up strips coming out of the box - so fun!!

Amy J said...

Twila! I just barely read that you won Shelli's challenge! (I'm been playing outside more than on the computer lately) Congrats! I knew you would! How are you friend?