Thursday, December 29, 2011

Stampin' Addicts Occasions Mini Blog Hop

Hello and welcome to Stampin' Addicts Occasions Mini Blog Hop.  This Blog Hop will run Friday Dec 30 thru Jan 1 so there is lot's of time to view all the stops.  If you have been following the hop in order you have just arrived from Paula's Blog where she wowed us with her projects made with the Edgelit Dies and matching Emboss Folders.  There are 16 stops on the hop and I am stop 3.  So if you are just begining with my blog be sure and hop all the way around till you come back to my blog so you won't miss any of the fantastic projects that have been designed for your viewing pleasure.  Ok on to my projects.  The stamp set I chose to showcase was "PS I Love You".  I just love making valentines so when I saw it I had to have it.
I chose to use some of the new DSP called Twitterpated for accents so my color choices were Basic Gray, Riding Hood Red and Whisper White. 

For my first card I chose to use the Framed Tulip Embossing Folder, Perfect Polka Dots Folder, Hearts Collection Framelits Dies, Full Heart Punch, Modern Label Punch, Whisper White 5/8" Oraganza Ribbon, Basic Gray 1/4" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Gray and Riding Hood Red Inks, Sticky Strip and Dimensionals.
For my second card I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Boarder Punch, 1 3/8" Circle, 1 3/4" Scallop Circle, & 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punches, Basic Rhinestones and Dimensionals.

For my last project I thought it would be fun to make a matching box for my 2nd card, so that's what I did.  So I used most of the same stuff as the card but added the Word Window Punch to make handles for my box.  I also used the Simply Score to make it.  I got the basic pattern for the box from Andrea Walford.  If you come back on Monday I'll post measurements on where to score to make the box.  So now you are ready to hop on over to Rhonda's Blog and see her amazing creations using the stamp set "Boardering on Romance".  Happy hopping everyone. ♥

21 comments:

Yapha said...

Great projects!! I love that first one, and the box is super cute! I can't wait for the measurements!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects. Gorgeous color combo, too! TFS

KatheD said...

What a wonderful color combination for Valentine cards - fresh and fabulous! Using the Twitterpated dsp for this holiday was truly inspired.

Heidi Baks said...

Your cupid card is just gorgeous! I am a sucker for cupid!

Carmen said...

Love the color combo really gives these projects a classic and timeless look!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Great set!! Love this fresh color combo and your designs!!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

Love how you ruffled your organdy ribbon under your heart. So pretty!

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Wow Twila.. fabulous and crisp, pretty cards LOVE The color combo, wouldn't have thought to put those colors together!!

Shelley Z said...

Love the organza ribbon around the heart on the first card! Your little box is too cute!

Cindy said...

Love the classic color combination, and I'm a sucker for hearts (hence my blog name), so your Valentine's theme takes my heart. :) Love the ruffled organza ribbon, too. (Pinning!)

Kim said...

Great projects! Love the color combo.

Paula said...

I love Basic Gray so of course I love the colors you used. Such great projects all of them!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love your color choice! I had to look closer on your first card with the ruffled ribbon - it really is lovely!

Debbi said...

Great colors Twila! Love the box. Great job cutting out cupid.

Unknown said...

Love this project. Love the color combo too!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love the cards and the cute box! I have a hard time using basic gray sometimes, but love what you did with it. Nice seeing some more of the twitterpaited paper too.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

A great suite of projects!

Missi said...

I love the red and gray color combo. The box is darling, I can't wait for the measurements, so I can CASE it!

Tanya Boser said...

Gorgeous! The gray really makes the other colors pop. Can't wait to see how you made the box!

Jeannie said...

Love these projects Twila! Thanks so much for once again sharing your creations!

Debra Burgin said...

What beautiful projects! I love that everything coordinates; you picked great colors and papers to show off!