Monday, January 26, 2015

Creative Blog Monday

Something a little bit different in a blog hop today.  I'm honored to be chosen by Dianne Sisneros to participate in this hop.  I love her work.  If you would like to view some of it you can check out her blog here Stampin' With Bee.  

In addition to posting my project today, and introducing two other bloggers, (which we will get to later) there are four questions to answer that will give you some insight as to how I run my business and my motivation.  Be sure to read all the way to the bottom of the page.



I created a fun Birthday card using supplies from our New Occasions MIni.  I think the little creative part about it is I used our Fringe Scissors to "fringe" the DSP strip attached to the "Happy" the different colors fit perfect inline with the "scissors"  Wohoo. 

Here's what I used to make the card:
Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog:
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Crisp Cantalope, and Whisper White
Ink: Tangelo Twist
Party Pennants Bigz L Die - #133732  $32.95
Fringe Scissors - #133325  $9.95
Punches:  1 3/4" Scallop Circle - #119854  $16.95   Banner - #133519  $12.95
Other: Big Shot, Paper Snips, Paper Cutter, Snail and Dimensionals
Occasions MIni:
Stamp Set: Crazy About You - #137137  $24.95
Thinlits Dies: Hello You - #137363  $24.95
Bundle these 2 together and save %15 - #138873  $42.25
DSPSpecialty:  Birthday Bash - #137783  $12.95
Other: Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim - 137910  $4.95

Here are the 4 questions and my answers:

What are you working on?

Right now I am working on Leadership swaps.  This is my first Leadership and am very excited to be able to go.

How does your work differ from others?

I watch my triplet grandsons a couple of days a week while my daughter works, and am also a "Go For" for my DH and son who run our family farm.  So for my fun time I stamp.  I've been a demo for 10 1/2 years and am slowly growing a downline.  I first started with a group of friends and each one took turns being the hostess each month and I still have that group.  Some have moved away and others have stopped, but we have picked up a few along the way.  I also hold a Stamp Camp every other month and run it for 2 days, Saturday and Sunday.  Along with 2 of my downline we have between 30 - 50 total stampers for the weekend.  I enjoy going out and having other workshops once in awhile too.

Why do you create what you do?

That's a very interesting question.  I have always loved to craft and create things.  And I guess the main reason why is because it makes me feel good to give something that I have made with my own two hands to someone that makes them happy.

How does your creative process work?

I sometimes will look at an object and think how can I recreate that with paper or other material.  I love making miniature things and altering or using recycled items.  I also love Pinterst and other demo blogs and sites where I can find something I like and turn it into my own by adding or taking away from it.  The card I made today started with a sample I saw from our Occasions mini.  If you are a new stamper our catalogs are a great inspiration to get started.

I hope you enjoy my project and my insights.  

Now the names of the two new bloggers I have chosen and their blogs are: 
Karen Woodard and her blog Stamping Paradise
Kristeen Wiggins and her blog Who Made Those

Be sure to check out last weeks blogger.   And my two new bloggers next week!  Thanks for stopping by!  





No comments: