Thursday, November 17, 2016

Stampin Friends November Blog Hop - Happy Holidays

Welcome to the Stampin Friends October Blog Hop.  I am so happy to have you join us!  This months Hop theme is Happy Holidays.  If you have been following the hop in order then you have just arrived from Kathie Rotti's Blog.  You will continue to follow the hop by clicking on the next button at the bottom of this post and you will make a loop back to where you started. 
So let's get started with my projects: 
Instead of featuring a stamp set I decided to feature a set of Washi Tape called Candy Cane Lane which can be found in Stampin' Ups Holiday Catalog.  I chose to make a set of coasters and a matching card.  I LOVE washi tape and have a tendency to buy it and never use it so I thought this would be the perfect time to get this cute set of tapes out and see what I could come up with.
I made a set of 4 coasters with a box to keep them in.  I ran strips of the different kinds across the coasters leaving about a 1/4" of blank coaster all the way around the added strips of the striped washi tape around the outside of them.  I added a square of red felt to the back to give it a little more weight.  The box was made from Real Red Cardstock and I added a strip of washi tape around the outside top of the box.  Using the Real Red 3/4" Stitched Edge Ribbon I tied a bow around the completed box to finish it off.
For the matching card I first embossed a tree branch using the Pine Bow Textured Emboss Folder and then used just the very top part of the round Delicate Ornament Thinlit and then cut the rest of the circle out using a circle diecut from the Layering Circles set.
I cut a 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" Whisper White square and covered it with the washi tape and adhered it to my cardfront base where I wanted it to be and then added dimensionals to my top layer with the ornament cutout, added a layer of Crumb Cake to my card base and put the card together.  A little silver bow and a Merry Wishes stamped in Real Red and it was done.
I hope you have enjoyed my projects and do hope you will leave me a comment because...
Whoop!  Whoop!  We have some fun giveaways for one lucky person.  So be sure and leave us a comment with #SFNovHop to begin it and you will be entered in the drawing.  Good luck!
Now it's time to "Hop" on over to Melissa Thomas' Blog.  Have a great day everyone!






20 comments:

Stampin and Scrappin with Steph said...

Love it!!!! Great job!

Lynn Streifert said...

WOW- great ideas, I love the washi tape coasters, would make a great gift!

Unknown said...

Oh geee...just when I thought I was done creating! Love the coasters!

Sherri C said...

#SFNovHop. These are great Twila!!!

Candy Rattray said...

You have used washi tape so creatively! Love your projects!!!

Unknown said...

I love that washi tape! Washi is one of those tings that are easy to buy, but hard to use. Thanks for the ideas. #SFNovHop

mommikat said...

I love the card, box and coasters!! Great use of washi tape.

Unknown said...

The ornament is gorgeous.

Sue Anderson said...

Washi tape...? I'm new to stampin so I had to go and check it out. Love what you designed and the coasters are a great gifting idea. Thanks

Hannah Driscoll said...

#SFNovHop - Thanks for the super cute idea!

Lisa Bradford said...

Awesome! I may have to CASE this!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these ideas. What a clever way to use up my washi tape. #sfnovhop

Kassie Culpepper said...

#SFNovHop super cute ❤️

Kim said...

Love the use of washi tape. Cute idea.

Crystal said...

The coasters turned out really pretty; I love all the red and white patterns. #sfnovhop

Barbara Welch said...

I love your projects! Nice way to use Washi Tape. I too tend to buy and never use it.

Heather said...

The coasters are such a cute idea! #SFNovHop

brenda scott said...

thats a neat card

Sarah said...

Beautiful, great job. #SFNovHop

Unknown said...

Love sugarplums!