Monday, December 19, 2016

Stamp Review Crew - Sweet Stack

Hello everyone, I am so excited to begin this new fun journey as a part of the Stamp Review Crew.  For those who have never heard of it here is a little background.  We are as international group of Stampin' Up! demonstrators that get together on the first and third Monday of every month to do a blog hop.  Each hop features a single stamp set to give you lots of inspiration for that set.  
This hop features the stamp set Sweet Stack and if you have been following the Hop in order you have just arrived from Betty's Blog.  She created such a beautiful set of cards, didn't she?
Sweet Stack
I knew I had to have this set from the first time I saw it in the catalog.  Maybe not just for the stamp set but for the framelits that went with it.  So fun to be able to make a piece of cake.  Doesn't it look yummy?  When I was younger I remember going to a tupperware party at a friends house and she had made a cake using the neapolitan ice cream.  So I recreated a piece of cake to look like it.  It was really good by the way.
My card actually came second after I made the piece of cake.  I decided to stamp the layers again in the three different colors, Peekaboo Peach, Mint Macaron, and Flirty Flamingo.  I then cut them out as little strips and put them behind my stamped image.  I added the a layer of Flirty Flamingo embossed with the Big Dots folder to give it a little more pop.
Now it's time to hop over to Kelly Kents Blog and see what creative inspiration she has for us.








2 comments:

Tanya Boser said...

Welcome Twila!! So glad you have joined the Crew :)
Love the embossed background and the sweet strips of color behind the balloon, adorable!

Betty said...

Yea!! So glad we are hopping together! Your project is delicious...such bright and happy colors. Love all your little touches...the jumble of thread on the card is so playful and fun!