Sunday, March 13, 2011

Downline Meeting Swaps

So I had a downline meeting yesterday and was so excited to have some of my girls come and stamp with me, and even the ones who couldn't make it sent a swap to share. I'm so excited because now that I'm a senior supervisor we get to have a group name and we "Robin" came up with one that we thought was a good one and pretty much goes with most of us being from small towns. Can't tell you what it is yet because I have to get it Ok'd from SU first...The card at the top of the post is the make-n-take card I had for them to do. Super fun card to make and love the colors! We pucnhed out different sized circles in different colors and glued them down to the base Marina Mist then ran that throught the BS using the Square Lattice embossing folder then added our saying and layered on Whisper White card, added some Daffodile Ribbon and we're done! Can't remember the name of the technique? Inlaid Emboss? I don't know. Oh well let me show you the wonderful swaps from yesterday!
Kelly Wood's Swap, such a fun swap using the new button embosslit die! and Sweet Stitches DSP.
Susie Scott's swap using the Oh so pretty Springtime Vintage DSP and an added accent of a Vintage Flower adornment.
Robin Goens pretty swap using the stamp set Elements of Style and the Square Lattice embossing folder. I love black and white cards.
Shannon Bruner's swap using the very fun stamp set out of the Occasions mini Bold Blossom. Oh Shannon by the way won the swap contest for the month.
Teri Whitaker's swap she made using the fun stamp set Button Button and the pretty Elegant Lines embossing folder. She punched out some of the buttons and as you can see used glossy cardstock to kinda get a tye dyed look of one button, a very fun card.
Joan Breinzer's swap all the way from Pennsylvania. She used a couple of sale-a-bration sets on her swap, So Happy for you and Sweet Summer. I love how she added the little blue flowers to her stem. We miss you Joan!
Here's my card which by the way I cas'd from Mary Fish, I changed up the colors and and added 1/4" circles to the top instead of brads. Also sponged the sides of my petals and popped up the top petal with a dimensional, but glued it down at the bottom. I used the Blossom Petal punch, the stamp sets Sweetheart, Great Friend and the Bigz extra lg die Tasteful Trim. Oh and a little bling.
Just a different little version.
I want to thank all my downline for joining in on the swap and can't wait to do it all over again next month. Happy stampin' to everyone. Have a great day!

9 comments:

Sheila said...

All of these cards are beautiful! Nice job ladies!

Yapha said...

I love that top birthday card! Mind if I "borrow" it for my upcoming birthday class?

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Love that circle one! So awesome that your girls sent in such great cards!

Anonymous said...

Great cards!

Shelley Z said...

They are all great cards! Love the cicle birthday card! I also like the way you layer the trim on the last 2 cards! Looks like you had fun.

Holly/Rubber Redneck said...

Great group of cards!!

Heidi Baks said...

Nice swaps and great collection of Occasions stuff!

Mickey Roberts said...

Your swap card is very cool and love the card you made for them to stamp with the circles. Congrats on becoming a Sr. Supervisor! Can't wait to hear what your group name will be!

Tanya Boser said...

Those are fabulous cards!!