Friday, November 10, 2017

Inky Friends - Presenting The Gifts Blog Hop

Greetings all!  Thanks so much for dropping by to check out our Hop.  This is going to be such a fun hop.  I can't wait to see all the fun ideas my Inky Friends have in store for us.  If you are following the hop in order then you have just arrived from the ever so create Shelley Zarling and her blog Miss Mad Stamper.  Fantastic work!
Now it's my turn.
The stamp set / bundle I chose to showcase is called Smitten Mittens / Many Mittens.
So many fun possibilities with this set and thinlit dies.  I chose to decorate a gift bag and made some fun Hershey bar treat holders.
On the backside of my mittens I stamp the "to" and "from" stamp making them into a gift tag hanging from some of our pretty red glitter cord.
Ok now some of you may laugh at what I'm about to tell you...but one of the things that really got me hooked over 13 years ago to Stampin' Up! was that the demo showed us that you could make your own designer tissue paper just by stampin on it.  It was a "WOW" moment for me. Seriously, I was hooked after that, well and a few other things.  But this is one of the most fun and gratifying things to do and is so simple.
Now this little project right here is why I decided to get this set / bundle.  I thought the mitten thinlits would be perfect to make into little Hershey Treat Holders.  And I was right!
Here's a side view of them.  Check back next week and I will show you how I did it.  So that's all I have for you folks.  Now it's time to hop over to the very talented Sharleen Luciano's blog: Stampin With Shar .  Can't wait to see the creative things she has made for us.  
Happy Hopping everyone!
Twila







8 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE em Twila - I never thought to stamp on tissue paper before LOL - #mindblown LOL!!! LOVE your mitten Hershey bar holders - what a GREAT idea - thank you for sharing :-) Sarah

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

SO cute, Twila!! That little Hershey holder is fabulous!! Lovely matching on the bag! So fancy!

Sherri C said...

Tails these are great!!!

Stamp with Shar said...

Twila your projects are amazing as always. Love those mitten choc holder. I dont have that set. Now I am contemplating. Thanks for sharing

Shelley Z said...

Cute, cute, cute! Love your vision for this set!

Yapha said...

Great projects, Twila! Those Hershey bar mittens are definitely worth getting the set! Super cute!

Betty said...

That is so fun that you mentioned stamping on tissue paper. I remember now that we did that at one of the first SU events I went to too! Something simple but it makes the whole gift special!

Kay Capps said...

Love all your projects especially the Mitten candy holder! Hope you can show us soon how to make one!