Sunday, April 16, 2017

Stamp Review Crew - Cool Treats

Hello!  and welcome to another Stamp Review Crew Blog Hop this time featuring the stamp set Cool Treats.  The Stamp Review Crew pick certain sets to feature as a group, so the hop is a little different than others in the fact that all the bloggers feature just the one set for the whole hop.  This gives you a great variety of ideas as how you can use the set.  After the hop at any time you can go to the main link Cool Treats and see all our creations there.  If you are following the hop in order you have just arrived from my friend, Holly Krautkremer's Blog and her fun creations with this stamp set.  Love them!
Cool Treats
 This is such a fun set to work with and so many fun options to put together.  I wanted to try and think outside the box a bit and do something total unrelated to ice cream.  Here's what I came up with.
The ice cream topper reminded me of Troll hair.  So I decided to make a little troll girl to go with that hair.  Colors I used were Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Pacific Post, and Pink Pirouette.  I also used the Melon Mambo DSP from the Brights Family Stack.  I used stamps from the set for her hair, smile, and eyebrows and the Birthday Saying.  Punches I used were Cookie Cutter Builder, Fox Builder,  Owl Builder, Sprinkles, and Blossom Builder.  Can you guess how I used them?
I used our Layering Oval Framelit dies as her backdrop.  adding dimenionals to the back.  There are also framelits that go with this stamp set called Tasty Treats and I at first cut out her hair with it but it was too small, so I stamp another and fussy cut it out and it fit perfectly after I rounded it off a bit at the scalp with a punch.  A few little rhinestones made a little sparkle to the card.  Adding the Happiest Birthday saying finished my card off.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please leave me a comment if you would like.  I love hearing you.  Now it's time to hop on over to my stampin' friend, Bronwyn Eastley and see what fun projects she has to share with us.  Just click on the button below and it will take you there.




14 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

So creative! Just watched the Troll movie with my granddaughter! Adorable card!

Dawn Tidd said...

How adorable and clever! I haven't seen the new Troll movie but remember them from awhile back.

Betty said...

She is SO cute! I love her dress-- her collar is perfect!

Yapha said...

Absolutely adorable, Twila! I love your creative use of the framelits to make such a cute troll girl!

Kelly Kent said...

Snap!!! That ice cream swirl was singing out to be made into a troll. Love your version Twila!! Kelly x

Jenny said...

This card makes me smile - love it - very creative - thanks for sharing

Carolee said...

WhT a clever idea! Thanks for sharing. I will be trying this.

Holly/Rubberredneck said...

You clever girl! I love it, it is soo stinkin cute!!!

Nikki Spencer said...

Brilliant Twila! Both you and Kelly were on a wave length l would never have thought of. Such an inspiring use of this set...love it! xx

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Ditto to what Nikki said. AMAZING!

Mike said...

Twila, such a clever creation. I'll never look at an ice cream cone the same way again!

Charlet Mallett said...

TROLLS! That soft served ice cream shape is perfect for troll hair. Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Tanya Boser said...

So clever and cute!! Love the dress, it reminds of a sailor dress. Inspiring card, my friend :)

Heidi Baks said...

Ha, that troll is so clever! Great thinking out of the box.