Thursday, May 30, 2024

3D Thursday - Altered Dollar Tree Projects

 

Happy Thursday crafty friends! This week we decided to do something a little special since May has 5 Thursdays in it and it's the last week before we take a break for the summer. We decided to have some fun and check out what Dollar Tree had to offer. and each of us do a project this week. When I walked in through the doors there was a display of Father's Day stuff right in front of me. I spied some wooden blocks, right off the bat for $1.25 each. I bought six as I didn't know if I would spell out a word or decorate one... 

I decided to go with just one. I altered the block into a friendship cube by cutting (6) 2 1/2" squares of the new Unbound Beauty 12' x 12" DSP (163372) then attaching them with Liquid Glue to all the sides. I used (3) different designs. I then used an emory board to go around the edges to give it a shabby chic look.

Each side has a different sentiment. Stamps sets I used were Happiest Day (163605), Cheerful Daisies (162390), So Sincere (162283), and Framed Florets (161815)

I stamped the sentiments in Petunia Pop (163811) onto Basic White Cardstock (159276) and cut it out using the next to the smallest Octagon shape. Next I cut out the next largest Shape in Petunia Pop (163801) to back it with and glued them to the Block on all four sides
I added some of the 2024-2026 In Color Shimmer Gems (163781) to each side for a little sparkle. Oh, they are so pretty!
Here's a top view. It needed a little something extra so I dug around in my closet and found some silk flowers. The bigger flowers were white. I was going to mix up some reinker in my spritzer bottle with some alcohol, but I didn't have the Petunia Pop yet. Good gravy! How did that happen? Anyway so I used one of the Small Blending Brushes (160518) and my Petunia Pop Ink Pad to add some color. I thought it turned out pretty good. I made a bow from the Summer Splash Ribbon (163786) and hot glued it to the top along with the flowers.
  
From this...
To that...
 I have to say I did have a lot of fun altering the wooden block. It's been awhile since I've thought outside the box. I hope you enjoyed my finale project of this round of 3D Thursday. I've added Darla's and Jennifer's links to their blogs below so you can check out their Dollar Tree Finds. We will see you back September!

Jennifer Merle-Hamscher Whispers In Ink

Crafty Hugs!
Twila

No comments: