Friday, July 14, 2017

Inky Friends New In Color Blog Hop - Fresh Fig


Hello! and welcome to the Inky Friends New In Color Blog Hop featuring the five new colors that Stampin' Up! has chosen as "in" colors for the next two years.  If you are following the hop in order then you have just arrived from the very creative Betty Traciak's blog where she featured the new In Color "Berry Burst".  She did a super job showcasing the color.  There are 8 stops on the hop and if you get lost you can go to our home page Inky Friends and get back on track.  I'm up next so let's take a look at my projects which were suppose to be featuring the new In Color "Fresh Fig".  As I started adding my pictures of projects I realized I had used "Tranquil Tide" instead.  My triplet grandsons and I have been busy this week catching frogs and toads so I guess the color green is on my mind.  I apologize to my Inky Friends for my mistake.
I am totally in love with all the new In Colors in the new annual Stampin' Up! catalog.  Tranquil Tide is such a beautiful green.  What a wonderful gift set this would make for a very special friend.  I'm sure some chocolates would be a great along with a gift card tucked in to this little pusre.
My first project features some of the new In Color DSP to match the cardstock and ink.  I also used some of the new washi tape in matching color too.  For my stamped image I used the fun hostess set, "You're Delightful".  This stamp set has a lot of possibilities.  Here's a tip, never snack on potato chips while making a card.  Crumbs leave grease marks, but can be covered up by using extra washi tape.  Thus the little strip of washi tape in the top left corner.
I'm sure some chocolates would be a great along with a gift card tucked in to this little purse.  I've been making a lot of these paper purses in all sizes lately.  Stampin' Up! has some cute little already made mini bows in In Colors ready to add to your creations.
My final project is a wintery one.  Using the "Lovely As A Tree" stamp set, I inked up the biggest pine tree and stamped on Whisper White cardstock.  Using the Oval Framlits, "Gently Falling" emboss folder, helped to give the tree a focal point.  I added some of our new Silver Metallic Edged ribbon to finish off the card.   This color makes a beautiful blue spruce tree.  I hope you have enjoyed my projects and now it's time to hop on over to the very talented Rhonda Griffen's Blog where she created some projects using the new In Color Limen Lime Twist.  Have a great day!




11 comments:

Gloria S said...

I was just thinking about my Christmas cards today. Yours is very pretty. I want to wait and see what else comes in our Christmas Suite before I make a final decision. I was really thinking Night of Navy and Silver glitter. I'll have to keep thinking about it and play until I like what I made. I got our new Christmas Bundle, I was thinking how I could use it. Will keep thinking. I have a quick question? If I take a picture with my phone can I download or upload, which ever to someone's web sit, (with permission first)? I don't have a blog but thought I might share something. Was just asking. Thank for sharing and taking the time to read and/or answer this comment. Have a great weekend.

Twila said...

Gloria, I think that would be fine as long as you have permission. Thank you for leaving a comment today.

Shelley Z said...

Too funny that you used the "wrong" color! Hunting frogs sounds like great fun. I love all three of your projects but that Christmas cards...LOVE IT!!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

I love your adorable gift set, Twila! The Christmas card is also amazing! I feel a CASE coming on with your permission of course!

Betty said...

Wonderful as always Twila! I got a kick out of the potato chip/washi tape incident. Mine would be a chocolate smear- lol!

Mickey Roberts said...

Frogs and potato chips...You've definitely had an interesting week! Love your projects, but the Christmas tree is my favorite--the "tranquil" simplicity.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

Well, you certainly showed how awesome tranquil tide is. That purse is delightful and the Lovely as a Tree-- I'm gonna case that1

Staci said...

Thanks for sharing how great Tranquil Tide is for Christmas greenery! Can't wait to do some of that.

Yapha said...

Great projects, Twila! (And personally, I like Tranquil Tide way better than Fresh Fig, so I'm happy to see more of it!!)

Tanya Boser said...

Twila, these are such clean and beautiful designs, I just love them! Lots of fantastic details and layers :)

Anonymous said...

Twila - LOVE them all - got to say the gift bag is my absolute fav hotly followed by the tree card - LOVE how you added the snow with the embossing folder - fab work :-)