Friday, August 10, 2018

Inky Friends Suite Designs Blog Hop

Hello! and welcome to the Inky Friends Suite Designs Blog Hop.  This hop features some of the Products that make up a collection of products featured in the new catalog.  There are 10 stops on this hop so please be sure and hop all the way around so you don't miss any of the wonderful projects we have for you.  If you have been following the hop in order then you have just arrived from Mary's Blog, where she featured the Broadway Bond.  She did a wonderful job, didn't she!  The Suite that I chose to work with was the Under The Mistletoe Suite.  Here we go!
I love, love, love the Designer Series Paper that is included in this Suite.  It's just traditional Christmas and the paper just makes me happy.
I had a lot of fun making this card using the Seasonal Wreath Embossing Folder, I embossed a wreath onto white cardstock then using a dauber and Old Olive Ink I colored the wreath.  I then fussy cut it out and using dimensionals popped it up on a piece of Whisper White CS that I had embossed with the Subtle Emboss Folder.  I dyed some regular Rhinestones using my Real Red Blendies and added them to the wreath. (Note - there are Red Rhinestones available with the suite but I didn't have them yet.)
My second project is a pretty simple card using one of the mistletoe stamps for my focal point and just adding layers of cardstock and DSP.  Very Simple card.
My last projects is this Origami Christmas Tree.  The tree stand 6" tall and is made from one piece of 12" x 12" DSP.  I made a lot of these fun trees last Christmas and can't wait to make them again with the new DSP in all sizes.  Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my projects for the hop.  now it's time to venture on to Mickey's Blog and see what she has come up with using the Suite called Tropical Escape.  I'm sure you will love her creations!  Happy crafting!
Twila






11 comments:

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

I LOVE THE TREE! and the traditional cards. I can't believe you embossed, sponged, and fussy cut that wreath. It's beautiful!

Cindy said...

Twila, I LOVE all your projects; they are so “traditional” and just make my heart happy. That tree is amazing, too, I can’t wait for Christmas!

RhondaG - The Stampin' Bunny said...

Oh my!! So cute! Your wreath is beautiful!!!

Mary Haugen said...

Great projects! Love the wreath! And that tree is fantastic!

Yapha Mason said...

Great projects, Twila! That Origami Christmas tree is fantastic!

Anne Ronsky said...

Fabulous projects, love them all, they are so creative, thanks so much for sharing :)

Mickey Roberts said...

Twila, that wreath is just stunning! Love the mistletoe, and your origami tree is amazing. Great projects!

Betty said...

Warm and content are the words that pop to mind seeing these! Love them (and you)!

Tanya Boser said...

OMG! That wreath is stunning!! Worth the effort, but I bet you aren't making 100 of those to send out ;)
The other 2 projects are amazing also, but that wreath!

Holly/Rubberredneck said...

Wowzier girl! The wreath is amazing I can't believe you fussy cut that! lol So worth it and I LOVE those trees I'll have to research that the kids would love them and that would be a great way to get rid of some very old paper. lol Glad to be hopping with you!

Connie R said...

What a wonderful way to use the wreath embossing folder...absolutely gorgeous. The origami tree is amazing too!