Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Pop-Up Birthday Cards For The Boys

These handsome boys are my triplet grandsons who turned six on Sunday.  We call them our little miracles.  They arrived 2 1/2 months early, weighing in at between 2 1/2 and 3 pounds,   I have been the babysitter for their mommy and daddy while they were working.  Although the last couple of years they got me some help so I could have a few days of every week.  Whew, and I needed it!  They will start all day school this year.  They are growing up so fast.  They are finally at the age where they appreciate the things that I make them and don't tear them up, so I made each of them a special pop-up card to go with their own Birthday Cake.
 This is Reid and his Mario Cake.  He was born first.
Here is his card open.  I love punch art!
and closed.
 This is Cade with his Ninja Turtle Cake.  I guess you would call him the middle child.
His Ninja card open.  Stampin' Ups new color Granny Apple Green is the perfect Turtle Color!
and shut.  The DSP I used for the background is our new 6" x 6" Designer Series Paper in the Brights Collection.
Jace with his Dirt Bike Cake.  Jace was the last born or the baby I guess you would say.  He's the tallest and eats the most.
Jace was very specific about what he wanted.  His motorcycle"Dirt Bike" was to be Red, with an Orange Flame on it and be popping a wheelie in the mud.
I really enjoyed making these fun cards for "The Boys".  One reason I hardly ever get rid of a Stampin' Up! Punch is because of all the fun punch art that can be made with them.
Thanks so much for dropping by.  Be sure and stop by tomorrow for a fun 3D Thursday Project with a FREE Project Sheet.
Have a crafty day!
Twila

4 comments:

Donna said...

Oh Twila, You knocked it out of the park! The boys must be sooo excited and know they are special and loved! The photos of them with their treats are precious and my, oh my, have they grown; lol. No kidding!

Your cards are FABULOUS! TYFS!!!

Wishing all good things to all, always! Cheers! xoox

CharonMok said...

This is very beautiful. I've just created my own website to sell some pop-up cards. They're absolutely beautiful. If you are interested in pop-up cards. It is exactly what you are looking for: happy birthday pop up cards, pop-up cards

Anonymous said...

I love all three cards! What did you use for the shape of the ninja turtle's face?

Shelly said...

How did you make the turtle's faces - assuming it is a punch or die of some type. Looking to make a "wedding" card and this would give me a starting point. Thanks